Ag/Member Business Lending Manager
Location: Watford City or Remote Within Trade Area
Job Title: Ag/Member Business Lending Manager
Reports to: Chief Credit Officer (CCO)
Job Purpose: Responsible for loan portfolio growth and directing the activities of the Ag/Member Business Loan Officers. Oversees and monitors the Ag/Member Business loan portfolio. Ensures Ag/Member Business lending activities are conducted in accordance with established standards and are delivered professionally and efficiently. Trains, coordinates, supervises, and appraises Ag/Member Business Loan Officers. Requires frequent interaction with CCO, Marketing, and Regional Managers.
- Responsible for driving the activity of building new and expanding existing Ag/Member Business borrowing relationships that promote strategy and growth of DWCU.
- Assists CCO in the planning, development, and implementation of effective loan sales and marketing programs for the Ag/Member Business loan portfolio. Responsible for the growth of Ag/Member Business loan sales and market share
- Performs all duties and responsibilities of an Ag/Member Business Loan Officer in managing, growing, and servicing individual loan portfolio.
- Responsible and accountable for adherence to institutions policies and procedures, in addition to applicable regulations.
- Responsible for assisting CCO in short and long term departmental strategic planning, driving the execution of strategy, meeting budget targets and other goals, and all aspects of lender development including but limited to; coaching, mentoring, training, career planning, and individual goal setting.
- Establish effective reporting and communication with personnel to ensure the execution of strategy and measurement of individual performance.
- Responsible for supervising the Ag/Member Business Loan Officers and providing quarterly feedback to improve performance -including productivity, responsibility and accountability, quality of lending decisions, loan documentation, and relationship management. With assistance from CCO, formulates and implements corrective actions as needed, manages and fills vacant positions, and ensures all personnel completely understand their job descriptions.
- Responsible for overseeing all loan requests of Ag/Member Business Loan Officers and evaluates loan requests for possible consideration by loan approval authority.
- Assists CCO in tracking work flows and ensuring deadlines are kept.
- Responsible for keeping Senior Management informed of all sales and developmental efforts, progress, and deficiencies; as well as issues that may materially impact the organization.
- Oversee structuring of loans, make recommendations, assist CCO in maintaining acceptable delinquency and charge off ratios, and makes recommendations to resolve delinquent and defaulted loans.
- Ensures borrowers are appropriately informed of DWCU services, programs, and policies. Communicate with members and staff via emails, phone calls, and in-person visits to resolve problems and member satisfaction and to produce quality loan volume.
Employees Supervised: Ag/Member Business Loan Officers
Education, Experience and Certification Requirements
- Strong commitment to providing exceptional member service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or similar discipline.
- Previous computer experience.
- 5-10 years of direct financial institution experience, with a minimum of 3 years at the supervisory/management level.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Extensive knowledge of lending policies, processes, and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of lending regulations.
- Previous Financial Institution lending supervision.
- Previous exposure to Agricultural & Commercial lending sales management.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Constantly required to sit, hear, talk, write, read, keyboard/computer entry, reach, stretch, work under time constraints with needed ability for task management flexibility and to perform routine duties with attention for details.
- Required is the constant use of mathematics, memory, reasoning, estimating, problem-solving, and exercising judgment.
- Occasionally drive a car or work extended hours.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constantly works with others, around others and with members and the public. Constantly works indoors, in confined areas and is exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
- Frequently works around noise (moderate level). The employee must have the ability to focus on tasks and members while hearing teller machines, conversations of others, coin sorter, music, phones etc., in a confined area.
- Infrequently the employee works alone and also works near moving objects. The employee is also infrequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Job Grade: IIISend application or resume to:
Dakota West Credit Union
Attn: Korey Hagan
Phone: 7014446484APPLY ONLINE