Chief Credit Officer (CCO)
Location: Watford City, ND
Job Title: Chief Credit Officer (CCO)
Reports to: CEO
Job Purpose: Responsible for loan portfolio growth, risk management, contribution to profit and
exemplary member service levels. Provides direction and oversight of all loan production, credit
approval and portfolio’s quality and performance. Manages and develops the lending staff, assisting
them with credit structure and financial analysis, member/prospect calls and adherence to all
1. Oversee the lending operations including structuring loans, decision loan exceptions,
maintain/update lending policy and procedures, monitor/review lending reports, make
recommendations, take actions, monitor delinquency and charge off results and trending, and
oversees collection efforts to improve loan to share ratio, improve net interest margin, and
maintain acceptable delinquency and charge off ratios.
2. Responsible for supervising and developing the Loan Officers providing on-going coaching and
quarterly feedback to improve performance -including quality of lending decisions, loan
documentation and relationship management.
3. Oversee and review monthly and quarterly reports including but not limited to the ALLL,
Concentration Analysis, Interest Rate Sensitivity, Volume and Stress Testing.
4. The CCO will attend, lead, and direct Credit Committee meetings to insure that quality,
consistent and timely lending decisions are rendered, with a secondary focus on improving
communications and lender development.
5. Responsible and accountable for adherence to institutions policies and procedures, in
addition to applicable regulations.
6. Communicate with members, staff, vendors, and the business community via emails, phone calls,
and in-person visits to resolve problems and member satisfaction and to produce quality loan
7. Work on projects to improve consistency and quality of the lending process for all loan
products, risk and loan pricing models, and conduct system reviews to enhance performance and
automation in processes to move the organization forward while keeping processes and systems
8. Manage 3rd party business relationships with participating lenders, appraisers, title
companies, attorneys, credit bureaus, insurance companies, and other vendors that supply lending
systems and underwriting systems to enhance product delivery capabilities.
Employees Supervised: Ag/Commercial Lending Manager, Loan Administrator, Loan Officers, Credit
Education, Experience and Certification Requirements Basic Qualifications:
1. Strong commitment to providing exceptional member service.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or similar discipline.
3. Previous computer experience.
4. 10-15 years of direct financial institution experience, with a minimum of 5 years at the
5. Strong communication and organizational skills.
1. Extensive knowledge of lending operational procedure and policy.
2. Extensive knowledge of lending regulations.
3. Previous Financial Institution Operations knowledge and skills.
4. Previous exposure to Agricultural, Commercial, and Consumer loan operations.
Physical and Mental Demands:
1. Constantly required to sit, hear, talk, write, read, keyboard/computer entry, reach, stretch,
work under time constraints with needed ability for task management flexibility and to perform
routine duties with attention for details.
2. Constant abilities used/required on the job are mathematics, memory, reasoning, estimating,
problem-solving and exercising judgment.
3. Occasionally drive a car or work extended hours.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
1. Constantly works with others, around others and with members and the public. Constantly works
indoors, in confined areas and is exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
2. Frequently works around noise (moderate level). The employee must have the ability to focus
on tasks and members while hearing teller machines, conversations of others, coin sorter, music,
phones etc., in a confined area.
3. Infrequently the employee works alone and also works near moving objects. The employee is
also infrequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Dakota West Credit Union
Attn: Jeff Meyer
Phone: 701-444-6484APPLY ONLINE