Location: Watford City or Remote Within Trade Area
Responsible for analyzing credit and financial information to determine risk associated with loaning money or extension of credit. Scrutinizes financial data to establish trends and gain insight into borrowers operation, financial condition, and management capability.
- Inputs federal tax returns and borrower financial statements into Sageworks (or other company approved software) in a consistent and proper manner to underwrite the credit quality of all agricultural and commercial loan requests focusing on cash flow analysis and loan repayment capacity along with collateral values and LTV positions.
- Documents all risks identified by the underwriting of the credit request and assists with the preparation of credit presentations.
- Compares the results of the underwriting to industry recognized data such as RMA, NDSU, and other such industry reports.
- Runs the risk rating model and related stress testing for all agricultural and commercial loan requests.
- Compares projections to actual performance and adjust future projections as necessary to insure risk ratings and performance indicators are consistently utilized throughout the credit union.
- Works with the individual loan officers to ensure loan requests are thoroughly completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Annually gathers financial data on all participating lenders and supporting documentation such as resumes and work experience in accordance with NCUA guidance, conducts requisite due diligence and maintains appropriate files on each participant.
- The Credit Analyst will work on projects and assignments related to improving the performance of the Sageworks software, risk rating models and overall agricultural/commercial loan process in general.
- Promote the improvement of Dakota West Credit Union through quality member service, promotion of products, professionalism in conduct and diligent work ethic.
Employees Supervised: None
Education, Experience and Certification Requirements
- Great communication skills and listening skills.
- Computer skills including spreadsheets, word documents, and imaging systems.
- Ability to manage time and manage multiple projects.
- A good attitude and ability to work with others.
- Knowledge of State and Federal lending regulations.
- Knowledge of DWCU’s Loan Policy and Procedures.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and of tax returns and financial statements and ability to track cash flow and analyze repayment capacity.
- Knowledge of collateral valuation methods.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Constantly required to sit, hear, talk, write, read, keyboard/computer entry, reach, stretch, work under time constraints with needed ability for task management flexibility and to perform routine duties with attention for details.
- Constant abilities used/required on the job are mathematics, memory, reasoning, estimating, problem-solving and exercising judgment.
- Occasionally drive a car or work extended hours.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constantly works with others, around others and with members and the public. Constantly works indoors, in confined areas and is exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
- Frequently works around noise (moderate level). The employee must have the ability to focus on tasks and members while hearing teller machines, conversations of others, coin sorter, music, phones etc., in a confined area.
- Infrequently the employee works alone and also works near moving objects. The employee is also infrequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Job Grade: 4Send application or resume to:
Dakota West Credit Union
Attn: Amy Makeeff
Phone: 701-444-6484APPLY ONLINE