Internal Audit Manager
Location: Remote-must reside within trade area and be able to travel to branches as needed.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer & Board of Directors
Job Purpose: Responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing an internal audit plan for the credit union. Complete audits in accordance with the annual audit plan as wells as providing reports and meeting with the Board of Directors as outlined in the plan. Performs ongoing reviews of the Credit Union’s internal control system and the efficiency of operating procedures to ensure compliance with policies and regulations. Complies and issues reports detailing conclusion of reviews including recommendations for improvements. Assesses the adequacy and extent of programs designed to safeguard Credit Union assets Performs such audit functions as balancing, reconciling, verifying, sampling, evaluating, reviewing, and confirming in the areas of loans, shares, cash, and overall security.
Responsible for ensuring DWCU is complying with all state and federal regulations. Coordinates and serves as the primary contact for all audits. Coordinates and serves as the primary resource for maintaining all credit union policies. Ensures reports are filed with government agencies as directed by law. Serves as credit union’s BSA Officer. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
- Assumes responsibility for the development and implementation of effective audit strategies.
- Conduct audits in a professional manner in accordance with NCUA and DFI guidelines, as well as generally accepted auditing standards.
- Assumes responsibility for the Company’s compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and policies.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with DWCU’s board, personnel, and management.
- Assists in developing policies, procedures, and standards for DWCU operations. Conducts periodic reviews of existing policies and procedures to ensure they are effective and current.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and sensitivity within the audit function and administrative offices relative to any information received at all times.
- Perform follow-up audits to determine appropriate action was taken on reported audit findings and that desired results are achieved.
- Perform special reviews of problem areas as identified by management.
- Assist outside auditing and examining organizations including certified public accountants, regulatory examiners and Risk Management auditors with periodic audits and exams.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring professional business relationships are established and maintained with regulatory agencies, auditors, appraisers, and business associates.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees as required.
Note: Only minimum responsibilities are listed. Other responsibilities may be required as requested by management.
Employees Supervised: N/A
Education, Experience and Certification Requirements
- Strong commitment to providing exceptional member service.
- College degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or a related field; or equivalent experience
- Computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing, and imaging systems.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- General knowledge of audit procedures, government regulations and Credit Union operations.
- Understanding of audit and other related computer applications
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations.
- Knowledge of DWCU’s policies.
- Understanding of credit laws, loan procedures and documentation, and auditing.
- Ability to manage time and manage multiple projects
Physical and Mental Demands
- Constantly required to sit, hear, talk, write, read, keyboard/computer entry, reach, stretch, work under time constraints with needed ability for task management flexibility and to perform routine duties with attention for details.
- Constant abilities used/required on the job are mathematics, memory, reasoning, estimating, problem-solving and exercising judgment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Position has the option of working remotely but must reside within the credit union’s trade area and be able to travel to branches as needed.
- Constantly works with others, around others and with members and the public. Constantly works indoors, in confined areas and is exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
- Frequently works around noise (moderate level). The employee must have the ability to focus on tasks and members while hearing teller machines, conversations of others, coin sorter, music, phones etc., in a confined area.
- Infrequently the employee works alone and works near moving objects. The employee is also infrequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Job Grade: 13Send application or resume to:
Dakota West Credit Union
Attn: Jeff Meyer
Phone: 701-444-6484APPLY ONLINE