Member Service Representative (MSR)–Part-time
Location: Washburn, ND
Job Purpose: Provides superior service to our existing and/or prospective members both in person and over the phone with demonstrated professionalism. Assists members with a wide variety of financial needs such as processing deposits and withdrawals, cashing checks, transferring funds, cash advances, loan and credit card payments, and account maintenance. Opens new depository accounts. Explains, promotes, cross-sells or refers products and services.
- Promote the improvement of Dakota West Credit Union through quality member service, promotion of products professionalism in conduct and diligent work ethic.
- Perform basic paying and receiving functions including cashing drafts, handling deposits, share savings/checking withdrawals, loan and escrow accounts. Handle transaction efficiently and professionally. Balance Cash ins and outs.
- Safeguard assigned cash/currency at all times: adheres to cash limits. Adhere to dual control procedure as defined by policy. Balance currency and coin.
- Buy and sell cash internally to and from vault supply. Balance vault cash: prepared income and outgoing shipments.
- Use effective listening and observing skills to help identify and resolves member needs. Effectively handles member questions and problems.
- Spot sales opportunities and refer business consistently. Cross-sell other services whenever the opportunity arises
- Opens new depository accounts in accordance with state and federal regulations as well as DWCU’s internal policy.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Credit Union’s written policies and procedures that apply to and concern this position’s area of responsibility, including general regulations such as the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation D and Regulation E, Bank Security and various other Federal and State regulations as they apply.
- Process mail and night depository work, process cash advances.
- Balance ATM and coin counter, prepare stop payment requests, issue Cashier Checks, Money Orders and gift cards.
- Promote the improvement of Dakota West Credit Union through quality member service, promotion of products, professionalism in conduct and diligent work ethic.
Note: Only minimum responsibilities are listed. Other responsibilities may be required as requested by management.
Employees Supervised: None
- Strong commitment to providing exceptional member service.
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing, and imaging systems.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- 1-2 years cash handling experience
- Knowledge of State and Federal banking regulations.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Constantly required to sit, hear, talk, write, read, keyboard/computer entry, reach, stretch, work under time constraints with needed ability for task management flexibility and to perform routine duties with attention for details.
- Constant abilities used/required on the job are mathematics, memory, reasoning, estimating, problem-solving and exercising judgment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constantly works with others, around others and with members and the public. Constantly works indoors, in confined areas and is exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
- Frequently works around noise (moderate level). The employee must have the ability to focus on tasks and members while hearing office machines, conversations of others, music, phones etc., in a confined area.
- Infrequently the employee works alone and also works near moving objects. The employee is also infrequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Dakota West Credit Union
Attn: Jayne Pochant
Phone: 701-444-7352APPLY ONLINE