Chief Financial Officer
Location: Watford City
The CFO is accountable for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of Dakota West Credit Union. The position plays a key role in the development of financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to the strategy and monitoring control systems designed to protect company assets and report accurate financial results. The CFO is expected to work closely with the CEO and Board of Directors; and to assume the responsibility of the CEO in their absence.
- Prepares accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements. Submits required data to the appropriate regulatory agencies and third- party providers. Prepares annual budget, tracks relative progress and provides reporting for monitoring purposes.
- Manages timely and on-going balancing of all General Ledger Accounts.
- Coordinates and supervises the daily operations of the credit union’s back office functions (share drafts, ACH, wires)
- Compiles, produces, reviews and distributes board packets. Responsible for completion and retention of accurate board minutes. Responsible for oversight of necessary corporate resolutions required for effective and compliant operation of the credit union.
- Conducts corporate administrative responsibilities include facilities oversight, tenant relations, Bank of North Dakota settlements and reconciliation, Federal Reserve Board relationship, and coordination of audits and examinations.
- Produces financial reports utilized to manage profitability, growth, risk and pricing decisions. Works with designated third-party providers to monitor ALM, Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk trends and operate within board approved tolerances.
- Maintains investment portfolio accounting and records, authorized to make appropriate investments. Monitors trends, pledged assets and portfolio structure for suitable diversification and appropriate yields.
- Assists members of management with guidance regarding employee development, resolution of staff and member issues. Maintains visibility within the branch operations environment and helps to reinforce corporate vision and direction.
- Provides oversight and guidance in relation to salary administration and employee benefits.
- Observes and enforces all Federal and State regulations as well as credit union policies and procedures.
- Promotes the improvement of Dakota West Credit Union through quality member service, promotion of products, professionalism in conduct and diligent work ethic.
Note: Other responsibilities may be required as requested by management.
Employees Supervised: Staff Accountant, Payroll/Benefits Coordinator, Accounting Clerk, Data Center Operators
Education, Experience and Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Previous computer experience, proficient in Excel
- 5-10 years previous financial institution finance/accounting or operations experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP and FAS
- Previous financial institution operations knowledge and skills
- Previous supervisory experience
- CPA or MBA
Physical and Mental Demands
- Constantly required to sit, listen, talk, write, read, keyboard/computer entry, reach, stretch, work under time constraints with needed ability for task management flexibility and to perform routine duties with attention for details.
- Constant abilities used/required on the job include mathematics, memory, reasoning, estimating, problem-solving and exercising judgment.
- Occasionally drive a car or work extended hours.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constantly works with others, around others and with members and the public; constantly works indoors in limited office areas
- Frequently works around noise (moderate level); must have the ability to focus on tasks and members while hearing teller machines, conversations of others, coin sorter, music, phones, etc.
- Infrequently the employee works alone and also works near moving objects. The employee is also infrequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Job Grade: IISend application or resume to:
Dakota West Credit Union
Attn: Jeff Meyer
PO Box 1496
Watford City, ND 58854
Phone: 701.444.7374APPLY ONLINE