Systems & Technology Administrator
Location: Watford City, ND
Dakota West Credit Union, based in Western North Dakota, is actively seeking a Systems & Technology Administrator to enhance and potentially lead our technological efforts. The role offers an exciting career path, with a clear opportunity to ascend into a managerial position as our current I.T. manager approaches retirement. As a pivotal member of our team, you will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing our technology infrastructure, ensuring the stability and security of systems across our eight branches.
Key Responsibilities and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess an associate or bachelor’s degree in computer science or an equivalent combination of education coupled with proven experience in system administration. This role will primarily work out of our Watford City office. Another crucial aspect involves the flexibility to occasionally travel within Western North Dakota to support our 8 branches, making adaptability and strong communication skills essential. As the impending retirement of our I.T. manager creates a strategic opportunity for advancement, the Systems & Technology Administrator will play a vital role in shaping the future of Dakota West Credit Union’s technology landscape. If you are ready to contribute to a forward-thinking organization and embark on a career trajectory towards I.T. department management, we encourage you to apply and be part of our innovative journey.
Responsible for leveraging third party software to ensure the credit union’s information and efficiency needs are met. Works closely with users. Reviews and monitors systems and application, capabilities, and department needs. Install, modifies, enhances, and customizes the Company’s systems. Coordinates with management to establish and implement system access and rights to achieve objectives. Assists the efficient and effective operation of technology systems to provide quality services to meet the needs of the employees and membership. Serves as Dakota West’s front-line support regarding network, computer, and software operations. Deliver exemplary service and maximum uptime by utilizing extensive knowledge of operational systems.
1. Assumes responsibility for effectively configuring third party software to meet the credit union’s information needs.
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with the staff and management of Dakota West Credit Union.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining appropriate secure system access for credit union personnel and management.
4. Assist in providing training and direction for employees in the “best practices” use of systems and software.
5. Assists in monitoring, establishing, and maintaining professional business relations with vendors and Business professionals used by Dakota West Credit Union.
6. Provide daily computer, server, network, and software support for employees of Dakota west Credit Union
7. Assist in planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluating of the information systems of Dakota West Credit Union.
8. Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for computer systems and personnel of Dakota West Credit Union.
9. Assist in the development of systems with efficient costs and performance requirements of Dakota west Credit Union.
10. Assist in the monitoring and use of the cyber security defense systems employed by Dakota West Credit Union
11. Assist in disaster recovery testing and planning for Dakota West Credit Union and its vendors.
Note: Only minimum responsibilities are listed. Other responsibilities may be required as requested by management.
Employees Supervised: none immediate; (2) pending future retirement of I.T. Manager
Education, Experience and Certification Requirements
Experience required At least 3-5 years of related experience.
Education & Certification associate or bachelor’s degree in computer science preferred or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
1. Strong commitment to providing exceptional member service.
2. Computer skills including spreadsheets, word process, and imaging systems
3. Strong communication and organizational skills
1. Knowledge or experience in writing policies and procedures
2. Understanding of cyber security
3. Compliance training
4. Computer certifications in Microsoft, CompTIA or equivalent
5. Experience and knowledge with supporting LAN/WAN networks
6. Ability to manage time and manage multiple projects
1. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
2. Well organized
3. Solid project management abilities
4. Good communication skills
5. Ability to assist and train others
6. Able to use PC, terminal keyboard, and various computer hardware
Physical and Mental Demands
1. Constantly required to sit, hear, talk, write, read, keyboard/computer entry, reach, stretch, work under time constraints with needed ability for task management flexibility and to perform routine duties with attention for details.
2. Constant abilities used/required on the job are mathematics, memory, reasoning, estimating, problem-solving and exercising judgment.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
4. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
1. Constantly works with others, around others and with members and the public. Constantly works indoors, in confined areas and is exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
2. Frequently works around noise (moderate level). The employee must have the ability to focus on tasks and members while hearing office machines, conversations of others, music, phones etc., in a confined area.
3. Infrequently the employee works alone and works near moving objects. The employee is also infrequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
4. Overnight travel is sometimes necessary.
Job Grade: 12Send application or resume to:
Dakota West Credit Union
Attn: Samantha Yost
Phone: 701-444-7361APPLY ONLINE