BECOMING A MEMBER
Applying to become a Dakota West Credit Union member is quick and easy. You can apply at any of our eight branches or online. You will need your social security number, government-issued ID and proof of physical address. Membership in Dakota West Credit Union is open to residents living within the following areas:
- Seventy-Five (75) mile radius of Watford City
- Seventy-Five (75) mile radius of New England
- Fifty (50) mile radius of Grenora
- Fifty (50) mile radius of New Town
- Fifty (50) mile radius of Turtle Lake
- Fifty (50) mile radius of Mohall
- Fifty (50) mile radius of Bowman
- Fifty (50) mile radius of Washburn
If, after becoming a member, you move away from these areas, you will still find a home with Dakota West. You can continue your relationship with us and access your accounts through telephone, online and mobile account services. We also offer shared branching which connects us to more than 5,400 branches across the United States as well as Shared ATMs which will be surcharge free to our members. Visit the Locations tab to view the nearest shared branch or ATM.
Once you’re a member of Dakota West Credit Union, you will enjoy a variety of financial services that make managing your money convenient and secure.
- CO-OP Shared Branching and ATMs
- Night Depository
- Notary Public (available at most branches)
- Safe Deposit Boxes
- Wire Transfer Services
- Credit Card Rewards Please note: all users will have to register as a new user. Members may also call 1-800-338-0180 for information about their rewards.
- Direct Deposit
- Kasasa Protect
- Mastercard® Debit & Credit Card
- Premium Overdraft Protection
- Wire Transfer Services
- My Accounts Online
- Mobile App
- MY Cards Mobile App
- Americans with Disabilities Assistance. If you are using a screen reader and are having challenges using this website or reviewing our online how-to guides, please call 1-800-411-7590 for assistance.
Visit our Online Access Resource Center for easy-to-follow guides to using specific online and mobile features.
MEMBER FORMS, PRIVACY & DISCLOSURES
- Address Change Policy
- Direct Deposit Form
- Donation & Sponsorship Policy
- Electronic Payment Request Form for Bill Pay
- Fee Schedule
- Membership Agreement
- Social Media Public Policy
- Social Security Direct Deposit Form
Please find a full list of our Policies and Disclosures on our Privacy page.
Dakota West Credit Union will observe the following holidays in 2023:
- President’s Day – Monday, February 20, 2023
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 29, 2023
- Juneteenth – Monday, June 19th, 2023
- Independence Day – Tuesday, July 4, 2023
- Labor Day – Monday, September 4, 2023
- Columbus Day- Monday, October 9, 2023
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 23, 2023
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 25, 2023
- New Year’s Day – Monday, January 1, 2023
CO-OP SHARED BRANCH NETWORK
We are proud to be a part of Co-Op, one of the largest networks of financial institutions throughout the United States. Watch the below video to learn more about everywhere our services are available through the Co-Op Shared Branch Network.