(WATFORD CITY, ND, 25 November 2019) – Dakota West is partnering with organizations throughout western North Dakota to bring this year’s National Day of Giving to its communities. Reaching out to the its members through its branches, Dakota West wants to impact a wide range of organizations as part of GivingTuesday 2019.
“Following Black Friday and Cyber Monday, GivingTuesday is the best way to celebrate the season of giving, or in this case, giving back,” Juliet Jones, Marketing Coordinator said of Dakota West’s involvement in the social-media driven event. “We’ll be featuring all of the organizations we are supporting on our Facebook page leading up to GivingTuesday.
“We value the trust our communities place in us, and we are committed to the success of our neighbors and the members we serve. We encourage not just our members, but everyone in our region, to join us in making a difference for others this Christmas season.”
According to the givingtuesday.org website, GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities on December 3, 2019, and every day.
- Dakota West’s Grenora branch will be partnering with the Future Business Leaders of America in accepting canned goods on Tuesday, December 3.
- In Bowman, Dakota West’s Bowman branch will be calling attention to the annual Giving Tree supporting Bowman and Slope Counties. Bowman County Social Services coordinates the contributions to those needing assistance throughout the region, including Amidon, Rhame, Bowman, and Scranton.
- In New England, Dakota West’s branch is supporting two causes: raising funds to support students in need at New England Public Schools, and accepting donations for the community food bank. Both financial contributions and non-perishable food will be accepted.
- Dakota West’s Mohall branch will be supporting the efforts of the Family Career Community Leaders of America in Renville County to bring Christmas to the children throughout the community.
- In New Town, North Dakota, students at Edwin Low Elementary School will receive additional support from Dakota West this GivingTuesday.
- Students at the Turtle Lake-Mercer School will also receive a helping hand from Dakota West’s Turtle Lake branch.
- The McLean Family Resource Center in Washburn, North Dakota operates a Clothing Outlet, but also accepts donations of food to assist the organization.
- In addition to the annual Giving Tree, Dakota West’s Watford City branch will be providing financial support to McKenzie County Social Services and is reaching out to the Watford City and neighboring communities to support those in need through financial donations on Giving Tuesday.
Dakota West expresses its gratitude to the all the members who join in GivingTuesday. Members of Dakota West branches, as well as the public, are encouraged to learn more about all the efforts throughout western North Dakota by looking for the GivingTuesday hashtag, #GivingTuesday, or visit the Dakota West Facebook page to find ways to contribute in its eight branch communities.
Dakota West thanks its members who belong to the non-profit credit union headquartered in Watford City, North Dakota and who help make a difference in our communities. Established in 1941, each of its branches and its members and employees help grow the Dakota West family with exceptional commitment to building relationships and strengthening communities.